Available in:
Cidreag locality is part of the Porumbesti district. It was firstly mentioned in documents in 1224. The owners of the village during the Middle Ages were the Ákos family, the branch with the centre of the domain in Cepa (Ukraine). The owners did not have their residence in Cidreag area, therefore the village would start by rising small aristocrats, this remaining a characteristic feature of the settlement in the premodern period.
According to documents the last attack of the Tartars from 1717 didn’t cause great destruction in the village, but the inhabitants would still preserve the memory of a great tragedy in the case of this event. 200 years later, the testimony on this event tell about the distruction of the dwellings and about a great number of prisoners. Even the name of „Tatár nyáras”, dating from the half of the 19th century, preserves the memory of the place where the Tartars set their camp. The documents of the time deny the legend up to a certain extent, mentioning a number of 13 prisoners of which 10 returned to their homes.




County Museum of Satu Mare
Bd. Vasile Lucaciu, Nr. 21
440031, Satu Mare
Tel.: 004 0261 737526
Fax.: 004 0261 768761
Email:[email protected]

Complete details
Proiect finanţat
Sigla UE
Pentru informaţii despre celelalte programe finanţate de Uniunea Europeană în România, cât şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind aderarea României la Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi adresa web a Centrului de Informare al Comisiei Europene în România
Acest site web nu reprezintă în mod necesar poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga răspundere asupra corectitudinii şi coerenţei informaţiilor prezentate revine iniţiatorilor site-ului web.